During the Periscopathon make your donation below! All donations are tax deductable so remember to save or print your receipt that is offered from PayPal at the time of your donation.
Not able to donate? Help us by simply spreading the word about this event, invite people, or share this link. Thank you for your support!
Giving Diapers, Giving Hope is holding a 1 day “Periscopathon” that will raise awareness of Diaper Need and how cloth diapers can be a solution for families facing it. We are also using this event to fundraise so that Giving Diapers, Giving Hope can assist the families who need us. Diaper Need Awareness Week is September 28- October 4, and aims to raise awareness about the struggles families face when they can’t afford diapers.
What is Periscope?
Periscope is an exploding social network that allows anyone to broadcast anything from anywhere to anyone! It’s your own live TV show and is an amazing way to instantly engage and converse with those who are viewing live. As a viewer you can “tap the screen” to leave hearts- up to 500 per broadcast- and leave comments/questions for the person broadcasting. If you’re new here is a helpful tutorial: http://dirtydiaperlaundry.com/how-to-periscope-a-guide-for-new-viewers-and-broadcasters-video-gifs/
Join us Sept 28 at 9 am EST and all day long!
This event will take place on September 28 and begins at 9AM EST. Each hour 1-2 brands will be live on Periscope to talk about cloth diapers, diaper need, and how you can help Giving Diapers, Giving Hope help others. Since nearly 1 in 3 families face diaper need and struggle to afford diapers we want more people to know that cloth diapers can be a cure. GDGH helps families by providing a small set of cloth diapers for the cost of shipping for income qualified families. By donating your gently used diapers or making a financial contribution you help us empower families to save that $60 a month and put it towards necessities or save for their own set of cloth diapers down the road.
Donations raised from this event will fund things such as the purchase of new cloth diapers for our program, the $15 per family shipping fee we pay through donations, and operating costs. Please refer to our recent blog post that outlines where donations raised go. 80% of money raised goes directly towards assisting families in need while the other 20% is used for operational expenses.
Sponsors will be donating prizes and anyone can enter to win them. The catch? Prizes will be unlocked through donations to Giving Diapers, Giving Hope raised during the Periscopathon. The more money we raise to help our program continue the more prizes we can give away! Check back soon for more prizes and to see how to win them! We will update with the donation goals for prizes soon so stay tuned!
You will want to follow @KimRosas, the Executive Director of GDGH, on Periscope. Kim will be posting periodic updates throughout the day to see how many goals we have hit and what it will take to reach them all!